Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2018

wonder

This was the last week of these questions. During the last few chapters heaps of interesting plot lines occurred. I really enjoyed 'wonder' and would recommend it.
What have we been learning: To use information from the text to answer detailed questions.
How does this show my learning: I have used what I have read to answer these questions.
How could I improve: I could incorporate my own experiences into my answers.
I am wondering: What encouraged R.J. Palacio to write 'wonder'.


Explain August’s fears of going to camp. August was worried about staying away from home because he had never been away for a night without his parents. He was also worried that Julian would tease him because he isn’t the most compassionate person.Were they justified? Yes, your first sleep over is a milestone and Julian was a genuine concern.

Compare Eddie and Julian, how are they similar/ different? Julian and Eddie are similar because they enjoy bullying August about his appearance. They are different ages and go to different schools.How do their interactions with August give away their personality? The way they communicate with August proves they enjoy the pain of others.

Explain how August’s relationships have changed with his classmates over this year. August has gone from the ‘weird one’ to a friend of most people in his class. After the incident with Eddie and his gang everyone has been saying hi and being friends with him.

Describe how August has shown greatness at Beecher prep. August has overcome the difficulties of bullies and people who don’t like him whilst also achieving high grades. He has shown that a books cover isn’t everything. Do you think he deserves the medal? Yes I do, he has shown resilience when people are putting him down and he has shown the ability to forgive.

Compare Auggie at the beginning of the book to how he is in the final chapters. August started out shy, timid and nervous. He was easily pushed around by bullies. By the end of the book he and his friends can overcome anything. He has gone from shy to a confident young person. What has contributed to his change? Being at public school has helped his problem solving skills. He has also made friends who support and care for him.

Describe your favourite character in the book. My favourite character is Via because I can identify with her. What was her impact on the story? Because she is August’s sister she cares about him and offers support. During her chapter she talks about things that most people can identify with, good or bad.

This story explores lots of themes. Create a brainstorm to show how ‘wonder’ has told stories with these themes.

What do you think August future holds? I think August will face tougher challenges and overcome them. I think he could be a great scientist one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.