Pages

Monday 9 April 2018

Science

Observing diffusing.

We completed an experiment to observe diffusion. Diffusion is the movement of particles from high areas of concentration to an area of low concentration, until the concentration is equal.

1. Half fill your petri dish with water.
2. place the dish on your bench and let the water settle.
3. using tweezers, place a single crystal of potassium permanganate into the water.
4. observe for five minutes
5. repeat using hot water.


Cold water: The purple colour slowly spread through the water, by five minutes the purple took up 25% of the water's area.



Hot water: The crystals colour spread much faster than in cold water. By five minutes it took up an estimated 60%-70% of the waters area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.