Pages

Friday 2 November 2018

Symbols

Here is my weeks worth of work about symbolism in dragon heart. In this paragraph I am writing about the symbolism of the dragon heart and how it affects the narrative.
I am learning: About symbolism.
This shows my learning by: I have created a paragraph about symbolism in dragon heart.
I am wondering: how the writers decided to use this symbolism.

The heart of the dragon.


In Dragonheart the main story of the movie is about the dragon heart, hence why the movie was named after it. The heart of the dragon is a symbol of life and Draco giving it shows how he is sharing his life force with Einon ( who really doesn't deserve it). The moment in the film where Draco shares his heart with Einon gives us hope ( even though Einon still turns up to be a pain in the behind). When Einon corrupts the heart our hope is lost. The climax of the movie shows that Draco is brave and kind and he sacrifices himself to kill Einon and save the Kingdom. This shot is a wide shot/high angle shot and uses 'dust' to symbolise Draco dying ( turning into dust) then finding his place among his fellow dragons in the stars.This shows that Draco has a heart big enough to share ( in a kindness way).

The Draco constellation


In Dragon heart the Draco constellation played a very large part of the story. The constellation is what Bowen named Draco after. In the story when a dragon dies after a life well lived they become a constellation. When Draco dies he takes his place in the Draco constellation. The constellation is of importance because  it is what draco looks up to. This shot is an example of a wide shot and the stars are gathered to look like a dragon. All together the Draco constellation plays a large part in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.