Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2018

what a drama

we are learning: how to use our bodies in a performance
how does this show my learning: I have written a paragraph about how actors use their bodies.
I am wondering:

This week in drama we have been learning about body and movement. our focus was how we use our bodies to convey emotion and how we move to match that emotion.An actor must use their bodies to portray a story. An actors performance mustn't rely on words, rather how they use their bodies to convey a story. The way someone holds them self shows us a lot about their character and the type of person they are.

This week in drama we have been also doing some fun exercises. We have been working on acting on the spot. We have been doing these fun exercises where you have a group, one person is taken out of the room and the others are told a situation. the lone actor is taken back into the room and the others act out the situation, leaving the lone actor. Look at the video above to see what I mean. This was really fun and I really enjoyed doing this exercise. Next time I would like to be the person taken out to test my acting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.