Pages

Monday 11 February 2019

Human rights

This term in social studies we are learning about human rights. The declaration of human rights' by the the United Nations was established in 1948 after the end of WWII. There are 30 rights which should apply to every human being on this earth. Many of them are about freedom and basic human rights.

The most interesting thing I have learnt so far is the story of Malala; an Afghani girl who fought for girls education , got shot by the Taliban and lived to fight another day.

At the moment we are reading a book about this boy named Iqbal. He is a child slave who works in a factory, escaped and helped many other children. This links back to the human rights focus because Iqbal, like so many children around the world, has had his human rights breached. I am really enjoying this topic and it has opened my eyes to what the world can be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.