Pages

Thursday 14 February 2019

Chicken and rice patties.

Friday 1st of February.

What we did: We made chicken and rice patties. I worked with Tana and we worked well together. The end product was tasty and had a good texture. Next time I would add sweet chilli sauce to the mix. The chicken and rice was cooked prior to the practical. We shredded the chicken first. Next we grated the carrot and chopped the spring onion. ( I accidentally cut my self but we got through this set back). Next we grated the cheese ( this was pretty easy. The next thing to do was to beat the eggs and put all the ingredients together. We greased the muffin tins, put in the mixture and let them cook in the oven.

What i learnt: I learnt that rice can cause food poisoning if left out for more than 24 hours because of the bacteria called listeria.
We need to make sure we are working with different food on different boards to avoid food poisoning.
Bacteria doesnt like to be at a temperature over 60 degrees.

What i would work on: Next time I would add sweet chilli to the mixture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.