Pages

Thursday 28 February 2019

Food swaps

Here I am discussing foods that I would swap in the three main meals of the day.


Breakfast
I would start off with whole meal toast rather than white because complex carbs are better for you and give you more, longer lasting energy. I would use a jam with a higher percentage of fruit than sugar. With the coffee I would add honey instead of sugar.




Lunch
sandwich, yogurt,chocolate


First I would use whole meal bread for the sandwich to get extra fibre. I would use low fat mayo, some protein and lots of greens. for the yogurt I would go with plain or berry yogurt, staying clear of vanilla and chocolate. For the chocolate I would go with at least 60%cocoa.


Dinner

Curry, rice, naan,soda
For the curry I would go with a vegetarian curry to opt out some of the saturated fat. I would have a low sugar fizzy ( such as sparkling oh). For the rice I would choose plain brown rice for more fibre and less added fat and preservatives. I would choose naan instead of roti to avoid extra oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.