Pages

Wednesday 21 February 2018

I wonder

On monday we were all given a copy of the book ‘wonder’. I would highly recommend reading ‘wonder’ because the author has done a great job at creating different personalities and characters. Warning, spoilers ahead. We were given some questions to answer using the information we have read in the book.

What was August’s one wish he wanted?
Throughout the entire book August wanted to look normal and blend in with everyone else.
If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be?
Like most teenage girls I critique the living daylights out of my appearance but if I could change one thing I would like to have an even skin tone because I have really red cheeks and dark circles under my eyes,
I chose this because I can not otherwise change it.

What does it mean to be ordinary?
Being ordinary is being able to blend in and stay in the background.
Why Is August extraordinary?
August is extraordinary because he doesn't look like other people and he thinks that makes him a target for unwanted attention.
I believe being normal is overrated.

How do people react when they see August’s face for the first time?
Most people were shocked when they saw his face.
How would you react?
I would like to think I would hide my surprise and try my best to be nice because your appearance isn’t your only good trait.

August’s Dad said ‘sending Auggie to school is like sending a lamb to a slaughter house’ what does this mean? August’s dad used this metaphor because like a lamb August is going willingly to a bad situation without realising it.

Would you send August to school if you were one of his parents? I would send him to school because it would teach him to deal with other people. This will be a valuable life skill.

What white lie did Auggie’s mum tell him? She said she was giving him an iq test but it was an entrance exam.Why did she do it? Because he wouldn’t have agreed to take it if he knew Are white lies ok? Even though you are trying to spare someone's feelings it is still lying.

August said he liked ms. garcia when she wasn’t wearing her shiny smile, what is a shiny smile?A shiny smile is a fake smile you put on.

How does Auggie know the first time he meets Julian that he is a bully? He could tell by Julians behaviour. How did Julian bully Auggie? He was not hanging out with him and teasing him. He also started the ‘plague’. How did Auggie respond? August made his own group of friends.

What am I learning? Through this task I have used strategies like remembering and adding my feelings into the questions.
This shows my learning by answering different questions and coming up with my own theorys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.