Pages

Monday 26 February 2018

Don't forget your roots my friend

A coat of arms is important because it represents your family and what you stand for. This is my coat of arms, based on the English/Scottish coat of arms for the 'Drever'  family, of course I made it more suitable to my family


This is the one I made.

This is the original.
As you can see, I have replaced a few aspects to make the coat of arms more in tune with my New Zealand culture. I have replaced the flowers with a white ko whai whai design made up of koru which represent new life. I also replaced the griffins with kiwi, because they are New Zealand's national bird. I also added a silver fern at the bottom because they represent new starts and how New Zealand  is famous for its forests.


Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rheanna,
    What a great title for your work - click bait for sure! I really like the way that you have explained the different elements of your shield. It is also a great way to make connections with other students in your class. Where there many people who had similar ideas as you? Something you could improve on in this post is starting each sentence in a different way (instead of I have, I have, I also, I also). By starting in different ways you keep the reader engaged right to the end.
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Miss Morgan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.