Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Physical education: gymnastics

This term in PE we are learning about gymnastics. We are learning to use different equipment- beam, parallel bars, bar, floor, trampoline, mini tram- and perform different skills. Many of the things we are learning are difficult.

In each area, we find our strengths and weaknesses. Mine are...

Parallel bars: I can get up and arm walk, side dismount, back dismount and forward dismount- however, i really struggle to perform the forward roll on the bars.
Beam: Once I am on the beam, i can balance okay. I struggle to get up and stand up straight after i get on the beam. I need to work on how I balance when getting on the beam.
Bar: I can not even get up onto the bar.
Tramp: I can manage most jumps, but forward drops are very difficult for me and i often bend my back in a weird way after landing (on my stomach). I also get startled and use my forearms as part of my landing (extremely elegant).
Mini tramp: I can do all jumps apart from landing a somersault.
Floor: Floor is my strongest area, i can easily roll, cartwheel and handstand (constant cartwheels when I was seven really paid off). I struggled once to do a handstand roll, I landed weirdly and haven't attempted again.


I watched a video of myself doing a floor routine and here is my feedback.
- I think the routine was rushed and my legs were a little uncontrolled during the cartwheel. The rolls were too quick but worked alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.