Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Food culture changes


This week in Home Ec we are learning about the changing of food culture. We have been investigating how food has changed.
We are learning: How New Zealand food culture has changed and our culture's food's evolution.

What is something I learnt from the mix and match card activity?
Today, in Home ec, we worked on a card activity about food culture and evolution due to technology. Different cultures have influenced our food and the evolution of food technology makes it easier to prepare and cook different foods. I learnt about how all the factors influencing our food culture correlate and mix together to make what we now as 'New Zealand cuisine'.
What could I change to lessen the price of food in the future? I don't think I could influence the future food prices.
what could happen with food culture in 50 years? The future is uncertain (obviously) but due to the increase in population, more land is needed for housing, leaving less for farming. With the deduction in farming land, food may end up being more processed, adding more nutrients ( and unhelpful additives) to make a small amount of food go a long way. With the increase in additives and artificial food, new health problems may arise, leaving our population much less healthy. Obesity rates are rising, a 2018 survey found that 32% of New Zealand adults are obese, and these numbers will keep climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.