Pages

Monday 29 July 2019

Boomerang project

This term in Social Studies we have been learning about indigenous Australian culture and boomerangs.  We spent a few periods researching about Indigenous symbols and boomerangs and a few more designing and painting our boomerangs.
What are we learning : we are learning about Aboriginal art and boomerangs.
How this shows my learning: I have created a project about symbols and meanings of parts of boomerangs and have also made a boomerang.



What do the symbols mean:
I have large yellow circles at the ends and in the middle to represent the sun. I have dotted patterns which are based on Indigenous dot art.

What do the colours mean: Red for the Australian land, Black for the people, yellow for the sun, green for life.

What did you do well in your research: I gathered and summarised information well. Neika and I worked well together.

What could you have improved on: If we had the time I could have done better but I think we could have found information better and quicker.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.