Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Crittique of art work so far

So far this semester in art we are working on making a magazine page. Me and Kerri are working together and our theme is friendship.
We are learning to use composition and leading lines to attract our eye to a certain part of the art. Our inspiration is Michael Mew.

This is my drawing of the native new Zealand bird pipiwhauroa . This will be a part of the collage. I think the head is disproportionate to the rest of the body but other than that the drawing is alright.
I am happy with the shading and colouring.
I think the foot is drawn a little weird but it will be alright.

This is what I have been working on in photoshop. The picture is from a swamp in the cantabury region. I have separated it for the effect of using it to attract the eyes lower. Hornby was a swamp land so this ties in to the Hornby theme.

I like the way I have used blanking out parts of the image to direct our focus elsewhere.

The Manuka is a native tree which is found in swamp land. The white represents purity and and the symmetry  of the petals represents unity.
I like how I cut the flower out.
I am planning to layer the bird on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.