Pages

Monday 10 June 2019

Class Essay Macbeth

What I have been learning:
Golden: Gather ideas, organise ideas, link paragraphs, enabling phrases, neat and tidy ( this part is just to finish the acronym).
(Lady Macbeth


Admired


-Determined- smashes babies -13
-Manipulative- called her husband a girl because he didn’t want to commit regicide.-7
-Brave- she was willing to kill the king and clean up the act-10
-Remorseful- she was haunted by guilt and died.’out damn spot’-6
-loving -6


The best
-Determined- smashes babies
-Loving - she still loves and cares for Macbeth

-Remorseful- she was haunted by guilt and died.’out damn spot’-6)

How have I been learning it: as a class we used our new skills to create a practise essay to prepare us for our actual essay.
 Why have I been learning it: To prepare us for future essays and give us skills. To learn how to go about writing an essay.

What have I been learning: How to structure a paragraph. (There are many strong, formidable female characters in literature but none quite compare to Shakespeare’s Lady Macbeth. She had several qualities which made audiences like, dislike or admire her. Admired qualities which helped us understand the text include determination, love for macbeth and her remorse.)

How have I been learning it: We have been working as a class on the structure, content and linking of a paragraph.
Why have I been learning this: paragraphs are used very often in school work and in future life. Knowing how to write a paragraph will help me in the long run because it is a necessary skill to have.

What have I been learning: how to use evidence in a paragraph.
“ Out damn spot, out I say” , one of the most famous lines in literature, was a quote by Shakespeare which shows us Lady macbeth’s slow descent into madness due to guilt and remorse.
How I have been learning it: We have been using quotes from a certain text. We have also been using examples such as summary of a part of the text to strengthen the essay.
Why have I been learning this: Using evidence to strengthen your point can be useful in many different writing genres. It also shows how well you know the text you are referring to.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.