Pages

Monday 14 May 2018

MMP

Lo: lern that countries are run by different types of government.
How does this show my learning: I have created a paragraph about the government we use here in New Zealand.
I could improve on: Adding more interesting language features.
I am wondering: who came up with the MMP.

The mixed member proportional style of government is made up of different parties. It was first introduced in 1996 after a referendum to change the voting system in 1993. People have two votes, one for their preferred party and the second for the member of parliament to represent your area. Anyone age 18 and over have the right to vote. There are 120 seats in parliament. If 40% of our votes are for a certain party they are entitled to 40% of the seats in parliament. If a party has less than 5% of the votes they aren’t entitled to any seats. Other countries that use the MMP system are Bolivia, Germany,Lesotho, UK, Scotland and Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.