Pages

Monday 14 May 2018

Baby you can't drive my car

What am I learning: About the change of legal driving ages.
How does this show my learning: I have researched and found out the answers.
I could improve on: adding more quotes.
I am wondering: Did the law change make a huge difference.

Why did New Zealand change the driving age from 15 to 16?
The road toll for 15 to 17 year olds was extremely high which helped the government raise the legal age for someone to get a learner driving licence. The change in age requirement is an attempt to make roads safer, not just for teens but for everyone. "Raising the licence age from 15 to 16, and measures to enable the restricted driving test to be strengthened reflect the disproportionate number of fatal and serious crashes involving young people," Transport Minister Steven Joyce said.

When did the law change?
The law was put into practice on the first of August 2011.

How did they change the legal age?

This move to change the legal minimum age of learner drivers required a law change. The government first gathered support form the act and Maori parties.After many debates and cases put forward the government changed the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.