Pages

Friday 30 March 2018

Wonder

And yet another week of question/ answer activities. This week the book was focused on the character Miranda, Olivia's ex best friend. She is an interesting character who has many layers. I like how the questions were fun to answer.
I have been learning: to use knowledge acquired from the book to answer detailed questions.
How does this show my learning: This shows my learning because I have used what I read in the book to answer questions.
Next time I could improve on: adding even more detail from the book.
I am wondering: who dis R.J Palacio get the inspiration to write the character Miranda from.

Explain why August doesn’t like school events with parents? Because everybody looks at him. He doesn’t like being the centre of attention yet everybody’s eyes are pulled towards him.

Maya left a note for august and he said “ Six months ago stuff like this would never have happened, but now it happens more and more”. Explain the change that is occuring. People are talking to Auggie and he feels he fits in. Six months ago he was the one who didn’t belong and got all the wrong attention but now he has friends.

Describe August’s feelings about hearing aids. August doesn’t want to get hearing aids because he thinks they attract too much attention. Are they justified. Yes, because Auggie has no outer ear the hearing aids will have to be worn like a headband, showing up more than they would if he had outer ears.

Why did Via keep her part in the play a secret? Because She didn’t want her family to know and come to the play, nobody at her new school knows about Auggie and she wants to keep it that way. Why did Via’s Mum say the play wouldn’t be something Auggie would be interested in? To persuade Auggie not to go because Via didn’t want him to.

August says” I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives” Explain what this means and why he thinks this. August says this because the feeling when you get applauded for something you worked very hard on is a great feeling, he believes everyone should get a standing ovation because everyone deserves that feeling.

What effect did Daisy’s death have on the characters? Everyone was heart broken that their loyal companion passed away.

Why did Mirada claim ‘sickness’ before the play? She knew that if she couldn’t perform Via would have to take her role and she wanted Via to have the lead role and the spotlight.

After reading ‘Miranda’ how has your opinion of the character changed and why? In the prior chapters Olivia made out Miranda to be her best friend who changed. Reading Miranda’s part confirmed that she was still the same person who has just separated from Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.