Pages

Thursday 29 March 2018

Word vomit

I was given ten minutes to base a story on five words. I am happy I wrote something down.
What am I learning: How to quickly make ideas.
How does this show my learning: I made ideas quickly to make up this story.
Next time I would : try and get more words out.
I am wondering: How I can include the fallen tree more in my story.

-toaster
-motorcycle
-spider
-fallen tree
- red pen

The bread popped out of the toaster, burnt again. This is getting irritating, this toaster is going to set my house on fire. I use my red pen to write a note about the toaster. A small spider climbs up the window frame, luring my attention to the fallen tree outside. Great, my car is closed in. I guess I have to take my motorbike to work, remind me to deal with the toaster.

8 hours later

I come home after a long day of work, customers were very unhappy.what a change, not. What did I do? I look at the toaster, it seems to be repaired. Thats weird. The spider is still on the window frame, its small, dainty legs crawling up the weathered old wood. The red pen has transitioned from where it was last placed. It’s bright red ink spilled against the marble benchtop. Where is my note? The paper sits on the table, the edges are singed and there is a brown colouration to the once white paper. What has happened here?

8 hours prior

Ok, he is gone. I’m not broken am I? I mean, i’m not the best cook but surely i’m not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.