Pages

Friday 3 May 2019

Vege burger with kumara chips

Here is an extension task on a chosen meal for my dietary profile. I am showing how this meal fits into the questions previously asked such as nutrition and skill.

Dietary profile:
A reasonably active teenage vegetarian female ( that's a mouthful). See previous home ec post.



Nutrition:

basic veggie burger
This contains veggies, carbs/starch,protien and fat, all wanted in a meal.

Kumara chips


These contain starch, fibre , fructose, fat and vitamins.



Dietary needs:

This meal fits a vegetarian, low fat dietary need and supplies essential nutrients such as protien, fat, starch and fibre.

Skill level:

 a vege burger doesn't require amazing cooking skills, just time and basic food skills. You also need to practice  health and safety but that should go without saying.

Money:

Vege burgers use cheap veggie proteins as the base ( beans, chickpeas, tofu ect) and are bulked up by chopped , grated and mashed veggies. The most expensive part would be the kumara which can go up and down in price.

Flavor, colour and texture:

Veggie burgers have a similar texture to meat burgers and in my opinion have more complex flavor. More colour is also added from the extra veggies.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.