Pages

Friday 10 May 2019

Textiles work

This semester in textiles we are learning to sew a commercial pattern. I chose a pair of  pants and here is the work i have done. I am proud of my work and am looking forward to my next project. I think my sewing was a little rushed and messy. This is the pattern I made.


The cutting process went pretty well, the fabric was a nice colour and texture. The cutting was pretty accurate. After cutting the fabric we over locked it. this is to prevent the seams from fraying.

The next job was to sew the seams. I was a little lazy the first time and didn't measure. I had to do it again and do it properly. I have learnt my lesson. I also grabbed the wrong cotton colour so it looks a little rustic. This is a picture of me sewing on the waist band.

All was well good until i decided they weren't 'funky' enough. I decided to put a teal ribbon on the waistband as well for extra colour.


The finished product is a little long on my legs but that can be fixed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.