Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2019

writing makes you strong (api taylor)

Last Wednesday, an amazing poet came into our school. His name is Api Taylor and he preformed for us and held a work shop. I really enjoyed having him and he is an amazing poet.

He uses music as well as his powerful words to send us a message. He preformed many poems for us about people he has met and what he has learnt from travelling the world. His main phrase is ' writing makes you strong' which shows us how much words have an effect on us. It also shows that using your words to express yourself can really help you.

I cant decide what part of the visit i enjoyed most because it all was amazing. From this workshop I have learnt that you don't need to think when you write, just put down things that pop into your head.

work sample.
For the workshop we came up with some word and had to make a poem from them. Here is mine.

Water flows through a river like smiles through humanity. The sun and moon look down onn us as if we are a pebble on the land, a rain drop in a thunder storm. We all must step out of our minds and listen to the little things in life. Only then shall we find peace.



1 comment:

  1. Rheanna
    What a great reflection. I really liked the lines you penned in your work sample.Do you think there might be a physical 'shape' to the words on the page too? That would look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.