Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Critical literacy (Macbeth)

What we are learning: we are answering critical literacy questions about Macbeth.

What genre does this text (Macbeth) belong in?  It is  a tragedy because many lives are lost and its a whole blood show.Currently it would be a historical fiction and a tragedy. Historical fiction because this is set in history rather than present day and deals with many historical issues.

Why are we reading this text? Macbeth has many themes that relate to all times. The tales of ambition, murder and morals are still relevant today. Shakespeare is one of the most famous writers to ever live and his work deserves to be read. This text also helps improve our reading comprehension.

What views of the world is this text representing? Macbeth depicts a kill or be killed world in the pursuit of power. This also depicts a world where magic and danger were ever present.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.