Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Its a drama!!!!

This term in drama we got to choose a scene from a play to act out and preform infront of the class. My group ( Chloe, Jaime, Tanaya and I) Choose a scene from the play one man two governors where Roscoe reveals herself as Rachel. This scene was fun to act out because of the use of sarcasm and explicit language ( we used the word tits :)).

Our story is about a man who works for two governors and has to keep switching lives to suit his bosses. The play has some great characters and interesting dialogue. The story is set in 1963 and is about a man who is employed by two governors and tries to keep the two from meeting. To complicate things further one of the governors is actually his twin sister Rachel in disguise, her brother being killed by none other than her boyfriend Stanley. The play is full of twists and turns at every corner.

I enjoyed working with my group and we all worked together pretty well. Our acting skills have vastly improved since when we started this topic and we are all proud of how our acting has changed. We have learnt how to use our voice, height ( or lack there of) and tone to convey a story. Sadly on the performance day we did not have Jaime here so we had to improvise. We swapped rolls around to make the scene make scents but we failed...

The play was still fun to act out and we had a good time acting. Next time we would have all our members here so we can act to the best of our ability. Drama is a great subject and Mr Taylor is a great teacher.I really enjoy acting and will be taking drama next year so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.