Pages

Thursday 10 September 2020

Level one art: term 3 update

 As expected, more progress has been made towards my art board. Art series 3 has been completed, art series 4 is nearly done and both 5 & 6 are planned out. I am happy with my progress so far, and am really enjoying planning and creating artwork. 


Art series 3:

This series' artist model was Shane Cotton. I used his signature dark colours, geometric shapes and grungy textures. The geometric shapes and borders (along with the colour scheme) also link these pieces into the rest of my board. The ideas behind this series were the treaty of Waitangi and the musket wars. The key parts are the rid of painted muskets, the treaty of Waitnangi (text) and the moko pattern of Ngai Tahu (which is my tribe). This series was done in acrylic paint, water colour paint and lino print.

Art series 4:

Art series 4 sits directly under #2. These pieces all flow together with the colour scheme and the invading Tudor rose element. At this current moment (while im blogging) the roses and borders are not painted yet. These paintings are done in water colour and acrylic, and have Sofia Minson as it's artist model. I used her flat colours and various textures in my pieces. They link into the rest of my board with the borders and color scheme. There isn't a whole lot of geometric shapes in this series, because I was focusing on more natural shapes and nature being consumed by the tudor roses (a visual representation of colonisation).

Art series 5:

This will be the last piece of art board one. It still focuses on colonisation, and will keep the goemetry and contrast. This will be slightly more gruesome (blood, ect). The artist model for this peice is Shepard Fairey. I am using bright colours, various textures and geometric shapes which link back to the artist model and the rest of my boards.

Art series 6:

Art board two will focus on the 1900's -2000's. This particular series will be around the suffragette movement in New Zealand. The artist model is Sofia Minson, and I will be using a realistic image contrasted with a flat-patterned background.I plan to use the same lino print as a part of the pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rheanna, your planning always blows me away. I am so impressed about how you think about every detail in your work. You also execute your ideas very well. I love the latest series you have done with the landscape, flowers and women with red over their faces. There are lots of layers to your work and it is flowing together as a whole body of work nicely. I am excited to see how board 2 starts to take shape. Are you going to cut some more lino or use the same one you've already created? I challenge you to get more 'layery' with some of your pieces. I like the 'guns' works but instead of sectioning the different media, how would overlaying it look?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.