Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Motif and dutch angle (level one film study)

Motif
What is a motif: any recurring element which has symbolic significance.
Why are they important: Because they are used to express the overall theme of a film.
what makes a great piece of at: When it comes to film, getting new meaning from it every time you watch it.

Dutch angle
What does it do: create an unsettling feel to a scene.
what is it: a tilted shot, wher the x axis isnt perfectly horizontal.
who created the dutch angle and when: It was first used by German expressionists in the early 20th century.
3 considerations: identify an unsettling moment, consider using a dutch angle and enhance the unsettling moment.
How to enhance one: contrast a dutch angle with a static, more usual angle to show the imbalance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.