Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

WTE sentences ( sports and recreation)

This term in English we are learning about sentences which will help us with future essays. There are twelve different sentence types, all potentially contributing to a great essay.
We are learning: WTE sentences.
How does this show my learning:
I am wondering


I am writing an essay about why sportsmen ( and women) shouldn't be paid for competing. This topic is what I will base my sentences on.

1. The simple sentence:
Sportsmen shouldn't be paid for a typically recreational sport.

2. The very short sentence:
Paid sport wastes money

3. the power sentence:
Paying athletes to play sports is a waste of citizen's money.

4. Red white and blue:
Paying people to play sports is a waste of time, effort and money.

5. The adverb start.
Unsurprisingly, sport is a big part of peoples lives.

6. Begin with a preposition:
After being injured, players lose their main source of income.

7. The ing start:
Aspiring to be a paid athlete is not the best way to provide others with a service.

8. The -ed start:
Injured players can lose their main source of income in a second.

9. The semicolon: Paying people to play sports doesn't help the player or the people paying to watch them; just wasting both parties time.

10 The em-dash:
sports are a fun activity- loved by many- which have a big impact on some peoples lives.

11. The w start:
why should athletes be paid when they are playing a game.


12. explore the subject:
Injustice, when things are not just or fair, can be used to describe how some sportsmen are paid and how some are not.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.