Pages

Monday 20 July 2020

Nutrition unit: Cooking methods

We are currently doing the nutrition assessment for Home ec. This particular activity is about various cooking methods, what they are used for and how they affect the nutritional value of a dish.





Why are cooking methods important when it comes to lowering fats, salt and sugar? Different cooking methods have different effects and need different things. Methods such as frying usually require some fat in the pan, or roasting needing fat to help crisp up the food you are cooking. This makes a difference when it comes to trying to lower the fat/sugar/salt within the dish, and it is recommended that you choose a cooking method which doesn't need any fat. Cooking methods such as slow cooking help keep in flavour, which lowers the need for additional salt and sugar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.