Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2020

2020 Kaupapa (ncea level one)

This year for art, we get to choose our Kaupapa and themes. I think the reason is so we can find something we are passionate about and develop complex thoughts and art. I am really looking forward to creating art works that have deeper meanings.


Mood boards:



We all created mood boards to look at different artists, topics and mediums.

Mediums: I am going to use paint and design as my mediums this year.
Paint: I have had plenty of experience with paint, and I like how there are so many different effects I can create with one medium.
Design: I enjoy composing complex art works, and filling space to show different meanings and create different images. I like how artists such as Sofia Minson and Shepard Fairey layer their art to create different effects.

Topics:
My theme will be along the lines of political Aotearoa, taking inspiration from historic events which have changed our country for better or worse. The subject matters I am thinking about covering are colonisation, loss of Maori land and the Treaty of Waitangi. I want to do this theme because there are so many angles I can approach it from, making it transferable from artwork to artwork.
Theme: New Zealand politics

Artists: 
I am going to use Sofia Minson and Shepard Fairey as my inspiration because I like the way they both compose their work. I like the way Sofia Minson incorporates Kowhaiwhai into her artwork and I like how Shepard Fairey uses layers to give his art more depth.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.